My Aim In Life


...first is to honor God, His Son and those whom He sends.

To love and cherish my dear husband, children and family.

And to use the talents God has given me to create beautiful things.




Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Challenge Project

To begin my project I had to decide what form it would take. I started looking thru my quilting books and came upon Georgia Bonesteel's bargello method. As soon as I saw it, I knew that's what I wanted to do....a bargello wall hanging.

Then I had to pick some fabrics. I started digging thru my stash and found some fabrics that I had handpainted about 3 years ago and hadn't been able to decide what to do with them. The colors are so pretty and summery looking. I knew these were what I would use.

At first I thought about using black to make those colors pop, but then I decided that white would look so much better and really bring out the tropical feel in the colors.

I wanted to try to use all 50 rectangles (cut from my handpainted fabrics)and both 1/2 yard cuts that we were allowed to use. Boy! Has that been a challenge! I'm not sure at this point that I'll succeed, but I'm trying.

I decided to use a white on white print for the 1/2 yard cuts. I liked the back side of this better, so I turned it over and used the back of it for the right side.

I ended up with both the front and back being pieced and they are both pretty enough to be used for the front. I won't have pictures til it is finished, but I'll post them when I do. (if I can figure out how! : D)

Judging from the entries I've seen so far, mine won't be a winner, but I'm having fun! I'll also have something new and pretty to list in my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it! Don't stress about the 'winning' part of the contest - you never know AND there is now a random prize of one hand-dyed yard of fabric from me and Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your creation!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts.. be nice. : )